Now I am in Brighton, England and in this blog post I decided to talk about my birthday party! This year my birthday came in two parts, a fun party in La Herradura, Spain one week before my actual birthday and a visit to the clock tower Big Ben in London, England on my actual birthday. I thought these were very memorable and unique experiences because I don’t always have a birthday party in Spain and England. For me this was very special since it does not happen on a regular basis.
On the day before I left La Herradura I had a little birthday party with some of my friends. We listened to a song that is called “Ai Se Eu Te Pego” which is in Portuguese and very famous and exciting among adults and children. If you want a link to see how exiting or dreary it is {you’ll have to watch and see which is your decision ;-)}, here’s the link. We also ate cookies, had our faces painted by my mom, played Pin The Tail On The Donkey,
ate a wonderful chocolate cake
and played a game where you tied a balloon to your ankle and had to try and pop the other person’s balloon.
All these games were played on the roof with the sun shining, and our laughs echoing through out the little street that we lived on. We had a lot of fun and I was sad when my friend Naiada had to go. Then my friend Bo and I played soccer in the plaza for a bit where a lot of other kids were playing on the stone surface.
Then a week later I had my actual birthday in England! We took an overnight boat trip that was very fun and was chock full of stuff to do. A few days after we got there, on my birthday we took a train from Brighton to London and saw the huge clock tower Big
Ben, a seven-acre play ground called Coran’s Field where there was a sign that said, “No unaccompanied adults” which I thought was funny because it’s usually “ No unaccompanied children”,and then took a train home with a hot chocolate and a refreshing egg-salad sandwich. I have to say, that was a memorable trip for me!
These two birthday experiences were very fun and interesting! Hope you like the song as much as I do! If you know Portuguese, please tell me what that guy is singing! Also, WARNING: THIS SONG WILL MAKE YOU DANCE!

Jessi, it is so interesting to read your stories and look at your pictures. Happy, belated birthday . . . enjoy all of your adventures!
ReplyDelete