I am now in
Brighton, England and I am going to a school called Stanford Junior School. It
is an old Victorian building and it looks a little like Hogwarts in Harry
Potter.
The school has
many little passageways and nooks and crannies. It’s about as big and magical
as Hogwarts. There is this one trick with two doors where if you open and close
a door the other one will do the same at the exact same time. I was astounded
when someone showed that to me. I looked behind the door, thinking that someone
was hiding behind it, but no one was there!
We have to wear
uniforms every day, so you don’t have to spend an hour deciding what to wear!
It’s a white or green shirt, a darkish green sweater, black or grey pants or
skirt, white socks and black shoes. At first I was excited but now I’m practically
bored to death, having to wear the same clothes every day!
I have some after
school classes, knitting, football (soccer), and gymnastics. In knitting it is
very informal, she serves us tea and cookies and we chat while we knit. In
soccer there are a lot of boys and only five or so girls since soccer isn’t
much of a girls sport here. Our coach has us do so many drills we barely have
enough strength to kick the ball! Finally,
in gymnastics we do cart wheels and vaults and all of that sort.
Well when it comes
to schools that I have gone to, I certainly have been a bird girl! First,
Grout, the Eagles, then Las Gaviotas, the Seagulls and now, Stanford, the Swans.
Yaaaaay!


Good post bird girl
ReplyDelete