We are now living in the southern part of Spain and the area is Andalucía. The city is called La Herradura, which means “horseshoe” in Spanish because La Herradura is in the shape of a horseshoe! Ω Here are five cool things about La Herradura.
1• Ω It takes 3 minutes to walk to the beach!
2• Ω Ω All the houses and apartments are white!
The first time we came into La Herradura we did not expect the houses to be all white as if they had been bleached! It might be traditional, I don’t know. I am going to figure that out.
3• Ω Ω Ω It is a small village so you can walk to the other side of the town in 10 minutes or less!
I never knew how small the town was until I realized that I had walked downtown in 3 minutes 59 seconds when I only felt as if I had walked around the block twice! There are only 3 bread shops (panaderías) and no museums (museos)! There are maybe more bread shops. I will keep looking for more bread shops because I looooooooooove bread and chocolate bread (pan de chocolate).
4• Ω Ω Ω Ω It is extremely hot!
I am very surprised that I see most people bundled up in winter coats and scarves because I think it is so hot I’m tempted to go swimming in my clothes!
5• Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Narizela!

There is this one cat that I really like who’s wild and I named her Narizela because she’s always nosing around on my clothes (nariz means “nose” in Spanish). She’s totally black and a sucker for being pet. If you pet her long enough, and sit down, she will jump into your lap, which makes it impossible to leave. There are all these other cats but they all run away when I get near. The trick to calming Narizela down is sitting on the ground and making “meow” noises. She will think you are another cat and come right up to be pet. I usually see her on my walk back from school and I go pet her until I have to go home for lunch (almuerzo). These are some of the things that make La Herradura extra fun. I like them and I hope you liked them too!
No comments:
Post a Comment