Monday, January 23, 2012

Soccer! (Or should I say "fútbol"?)

   Today I went to the FC Barcelona field and museum, and they were both awesome! FC means Football club and football means soccer in Spain. The field was only for the Barcelona players and the logo was everywhere. You could go all the way down to where the players came out of their locker rooms and you also got to go through the tunnel. The workers were testing the lights, so you couldn’t touch the field, but you could go up to where the people from the media would sit and watch the game and make notes, and I have to say, they have sweet seats up there! 

      The museum had a lot of neat stuff, like past players’ (now retired) jerseys and their cleats. They also have Leo Messi’s (he still plays on the team) replica of his first golden ball (for top player in Europe) and the replica of his golden cleat (for most goals in the league). There was also a piece of art by Joan Miró, a famous artist, but I’ll write about him another time. In another part of the museum, some people on screens were teaching the Barcelona song. Sadly though, I can’t remember it. 

      One interesting thing is, the Barcelona museum is the most visited museum in Barcelona. So that means that at every hour that it’s open, there are always people there, looking at the timeline, jerseys, trophies, and cleats.
      One neat thing is that FC Barcelona pays UNICEF (United Nations program for children) 1.5 million Euros a year to put UNICEF’s logo on their jersey instead of getting money like other soccer teams. I think that it’s really neat because it’s generous and because they choose to put UNICEF’s logo on their jersey instead of being bribed like, “If you put this logo on your shirt I’ll pay you this much.”
We went to watch the FC Barcelona B team play Xerez-CD and good news, we won!!!! One awesome thing that happened was, one time the ball went into the stadium--right next to were we were sitting! So I ran over, got the ball and threw it to the ball boy. When the ball they were playing with went out of bounds, guess which one they picked? The one I threw to the ball boy! Then at half time my mom and me got, chips, corn nuts, and Fanta. We ate all that and then finished of the mints that I had brought. By then the game was over so we went home and went to bed.
      That’s some of what’s in Barcelona and a lot of stuff about an extremely famous team! I hope you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment